Tuesday, October 13, 2009

ETSY Front Page x 3 = Happiness

Last week was a whirlwind week for me. When I joined the ETSY community a couple of years ago, I was just another shopper. I guess I had always thought that someday I would become a seller. So after a few life changing events in my life, I decided to jump in feet first. I have to admit, that at first I was thinking that perhaps ETSY was a waste of my time. I would list new items, and nothing. After my Mom passed away in January, I decided to take my late Father's advice - do what makes you happy and never have regrets. So as I grieved my Mom's death, I spent many solitary hours at my work table dreaming up new designs. I scoured the forums on ETSY for advice about making this business work. So after 9 months of designing and learning, I'm feeling like I have finally made it. This past week, ETSY featured not one, but three items on their Front Page - in the ETSY World, this is HUGE!!! I am honored and flattered to say the least. Here's a peek at the pieces that were featured and the good news is that they are all available on my site. I am so looking forward to this Holiday Season. I have a huge show coming up next week - The Funky Junk Sisters Antique Show and Flea Market. Then I set up shop at a couple of home shows, a Trunk Show, and then my own Open House. More about all these exciting events will be featured in the next week or so. Until then, I'm off to my lovely little Studio to see what else I can come up with.







5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have been checking your blog for awhile. I love your work. I also have a little ETSY site and am giving it a try. For some of the same reasons you have stepped into following what you love. I lost my Mom as well and this has spurred me on to do what I love. Thank you for sharing and keep on doing what you love, you do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Those green and gold earrings are lovely. Am saving uo for my next order, and writing up holiday lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I'm trying super hard to make it to the funky junk sisters. I might end up going by myself but I'll be there one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the sweet comments. I have been holed up in my little studio day and night (literally) getting ready for the Funky Junk Show. I know it will all be worth it - Nora, you have to make it down. It's going to be amazing! Barbara - those green and gold earrings are the perfect length for you!:) Cute Beams - is that your ETSY shop name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! Your designs are so beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share