Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's the dawn of a new day and a NEW YEAR . . . 2011. It just seems like yesterday when I was singing "American Pie" in my little bedroom in Central Illinois. New Years, a time to reflect and to dream about the year to come. 2010 was an amazing year for me personally, after a couple of really horrible years. I guess you could say that I deserved it. But as I reflect back on 2010, I also realize how much I could do things just a little better. So with that said, I am going to make a few changes to my blog. Already you can see that the look has changed. A sweet friend gave me some help in designing my own blog banner, so I'll be changing that up . . . often!

I love Interior Design. I've done my share of design work, including some Holiday design work just this past Christmas. I love it! So one of the changes that I would like to make this year is to introduce you to "my STYLE". It's a little rustic and very cottagey with some color thrown in for good measure. In the coming weeks, I will show you a little peak at my own home. But for now, as I sit on this lazy New Year's Day (John REALLY wants to take the Christmas tree down, but it's nearly 3:30pm and I'm still in my jammies and slippers), I've really enjoyed perusing the net to see what's happening out there in the design world.

Even though many of us think that once the Holidays are over Spring beckons, well let me tell you, we just flipped the season into Winter. Winter is downtime - the perfect time to get things done on your honey-do list like painting, cleaning out closets, and organizing. I love Winter - things are still and serene making way for the beginning of Spring. So sit back and enjoy a few of my favorite Winter scenes and decor ideas.

Winter in Central Park . . .









A perfect way to say Winter even after all the Holiday decorations have been put away!




One of the most amazing aspects of my little cottage is the Sunroom that was built at the back of the house back in the 1980's. It's all windows and is especially beautiful in Winter where the sun comes streaming through the windows making the room warm and toasty.


Simple with just a splash of color!






A beautiful and peaceful bedroom. Lots of layers on that bed. Ahhhhhh!




Don't forget your porch . . . nothing says Winter but a sled and some skates!


The gorgeous wreath you bought at Costco in November??? Keep it up! Add a few more cones, perhaps spray it with a can of SNOW. Then in mid-January, add a big red bow and some hearts for Valentines Day.
I hope you've had a relaxing New Year! I know I have, but I can't wait for 2011 to get going. I won't forget to give you occasional updates on the jewelry front. There are so many exciting things happening this year for Tippy Stockton. I can't wait to share it with you.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share