Leave me a note here about your favorite dessert, and I'll enter your name into a drawing to win one of my Vintage Bottle Cap Necklaces.
And now, for the recipe:
Grilled Strawberry Cobbler
6 wooden skewers (we used metal skewers)
1 (2#) container fresh strawberries, stems removed
1 c. strawberry preserves
1/4 c. water
2 tbl. fresh lemon juice
1/2 c. butter
2 c. all-purpose baking mix (I used Bisquick)
2 c. sugar
1-1/2 c. half-and-half
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill to high heat (400-500 degrees)
- Thread strawberries onto skewers. Arrange skewers on grill, and grill for 2-3 minutes per side, slice strawberries, and set aside
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberry preserves, water, and lemon juice over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, cook for 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place butter in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Place dish in oven until butter melts.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, and half-and-half. Pour batter into dish with butter. Arrange strawberries on top of batter. Pour preserves mixture over top of strawberries.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
ENJOY . . .
I will pick a random winner on Monday, August 1. So don't forget, spread the word. Have a wonderful weekend . . . the sun is finally going to shine here in Seattle!