Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Let them eat CAKE!


Last year, I was honored to be a part of an amazing gathering of a handful of famous cooks (Ree Drummond, Celeste Shaw of Chaps, Serena Thompson of the Farm Chicks, Molly Wizenberg of Orangette), and some not so famous cooks (ME). Yes, we were all part of the Where Women Cook Book, "Celebrations". It was an amazing time for me, one that I won't soon forget. I figured that I better start sharing some of my recipes here for all of you who haven't picked up your copy of the cookbook. Not only are the stories within the pages compelling, the recipes are out of this world.

So with Father's Day being this weekend and all, I thought I would share a recipe that wasn't included in the cookbook, but whose photo was prevalent on many of the pages within my story. This yummy little chocolate cake comes from my friend, Timi Weathers-Bottoroff of Ruffles and Rust fame. Yes, Timi can cook, and she makes a mean Kahlua Cake. I hope you enjoy this recipe. I'll be uploading a few others in the next coming weeks as my little bit in the book was barbecue fare. This is an easy and scrumptious cake; one that you'll make time and time again.


(pictured: Timi Weathers-Bottoroff, Me, Laura Madden)


Kahlua Cake
Timi Weathers-Bottorff

1 Chocolate Cake Mix (I like the Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Super moist Cake Mix)
1 Pint Sour Cream
1 small package chocolate or vanilla instant pudding
2 eggs
¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
½ cup Kahlua
Chocolate chips optional

Mix all together by hand. Do not use mixer. It doesn’t have to be mixed until the lumps are out. Just mix until the cake mix is mixed in with all the other ingredients. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes in a bunt pan. This also works well in cupcake tins. Frost with either chocolate frosting, powder sugar frosting, or sprinkle with powder sugar.
I like to make this cake in small bunt pans and give away as gifts with a plate of cookies for the holidays. It’s always a hit.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaah Thanks! I have these books available at Ruffles & Rust Square in Snohomish. It was a great party and the food was amazing. Thank you for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome to be in such a fantastic cookbook!! The recipe sounds delicious!! Might have to try it this weekend!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share