Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day - Everything Green is 20% OFF



Happy St. Patrick's Day
In honor of St. Patrick's Day, a holiday that is near and dear to my heart, anything GREEN on my website is 20% OFF until 3/25/09. http://www.tippystockton.etsy.com/.
This has always been a very special day for me for so many reasons. I was born into an almost entirely Irish Family (my Maternal Grandmother, Julia was German). My Father, Patrick Joseph Kelly, for whom I was named after was brought up in a home where a lot of Gaelic was spoken, particularly by my Grandmother Katherine (Kitty). My Paternal Grandfather, Owen was the Bandleader for the American Irish Society, a fife and drum band that made the rounds to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in New York City and in Dublin. In fact, in 1976 he took myself and 2 cousins, Jane and MaryAnne to Ireland where he was the Grand Marshall of the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin. He was an extraordinary man who gave so much of himself for the good of the kids in Rockaway Beach, NY for many decades. When he passed away in 1993, many of the former band members marched the streets of Rockaway in his honor.
Every year for the past 20 years or so, my sweet (Finnish) husband John makes corned beef and cabbage for me. He wakes early and prepares everything and puts it all in the slow cooker. YUM!!! This year will be a little different. My son Kellan and I will be travelling to California on St. Patrick's Day to prepare for my dear Mom's Funeral Mass. We will raise our glasses to both Mom and Dad (they passed away 9 months apart) and celebrate the rich heritage of our Family.
So I will leave you with a Traditional Gaelic Blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Slán agus beannacht leat (Good-bye and blessings to you)

2 comments:

  1. Happy St Patrics day! So enjoyed reading your post :) Very nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria - I hope you check back often. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share