Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

For the past few weeks, we have been reminded of one of the most honored holidays of the year . . . Mother's Day. This is a day to honor the woman who gave me life, and nurtured and loved me into the person I am today. In 1987, my dream of becoming a Mother came true when Kellan John was born. This baby would be the first grandchild for my parents, and the first grandson on John's side of the family. I remember calling my Mom soon after my water had broken. She lived less than five minutes away, but I would swear she was there in 2 seconds. I was so lucky to have her so close - she watched Kellan for the first year of his life while I worked. She was there for all of his "firsts". When we re-located to Washington in 1990, Mom and Dad made many visits. I remember when Kellan was 12 and playing little league, they jumped in the car and drove 18 hours straight so they could be at one of his games - he had been on a home-run streak and they just didn't want to miss the next one. They arrived just in time to see Kellan hit two home-runs out of the park.


Always the goof ball . . .
proud moments . . .

So, on this Mother's Day I honor my own Mom who for 48 years listened, loved, gave advice, scolded, and comforted. I miss her very much! I bless you Kellan for making me your Mommy and giving me the opportunity to listen, love, SCOLD, and comfort. You are the best and I am so proud to be your Mom. Blessings and love to all the other Mom's (OM's) in my life - Mom Mackey, Aunt Renee, Ellen & Peggy, Miss Roseanne, Judy!!! And to all my lovely and sweet friends - Happy Mother's Day girls!!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share