Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Who goes on Vacation right before the kick-off to Holiday Season

My in-laws, who enjoyed many years of their timeshare unit in California are no longer able to travel, so John and I were the recipients of this amazing gift. Last Summer we traveled to Ft. Lauderdale, and this year we decided on Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I grew up on the East Coast, in New York. I have always loved the beaches along the Atlantic. White sugary sands, gentle waves, it doesn't get any better. We arrived in Myrtle Beach just in time to see a beautiful sunset last Saturday. But it's the sunrise that is so amazing to me. Because we now live on the West Coast, the Sunsets are what we look forward to. The sunrise over the Atlantic is incredible - it's the beginning of the day for our United States. As you gaze across the water, it's hard to imagine that across that big pond is another world . . . Europe. It just makes me have such an appreciation for our Universe.


It seemed a little crazy to me to go away on the eve of the Holiday Season, but I can honestly tell you that I have done nothing but relax, read, hang out at the beach (and yes I did get sunburnt), and dine at some of the best Seafood restaurants on the Atlantic Ocean. I know that I will be in a much better mood when I get back home - ready for the season of hustle and bustle.

Next week, my much awaited feature in Matthew Mead's HOLIDAY magazine will be hitting homes all across the country. I hope that means that Tippy Stockton is going to be busy filling orders for good little girls near and far. With Christmas music already uploaded onto my IPOD, I wish you Happy Holidays from Myrtle Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share