Saturday, July 21, 2012

Friday Feature - Meet Renee of Embracing LifeLoveArt

It is so exciting to be able to take part in the blog feature series.

A little bit about me: I am a stage IV breast cancer “thriver,” wife, mommy, artist, friend and so much more. I try my hardest to listen to the small whispers of my heart on a daily basis and more importantly – follow those whispers as I believe that is how God communicates with us…through our hearts.

I am a firm believer in God and that we should all strive to be how Jesus was – loving to all, compassionate, giving, empathetic, understanding and so much more.


I started painting mixed media canvases about a year ago. I had dabbled in card making and scrapbooking (which I have still yet to complete a whole book…that is a whole other story!) and took a lot of the tools I had for those two hobbies to create my canvas – a name canvas for my son.





I posted a picture of it on Facebook, and I had 6 friends message me almost instantly asking if they could purchase one like it for their child’s room. At first I was hesitant – I was still going through full-out chemo and didn’t know if this was what I should be doing. Then, there it was – my heart whispering to me…”DO IT!!”



Then I started dabbling more into painting and fell head over heals in love with it.
Since then, I decided I want to create affordable inspirational mixed-media art for all.


I have several lines I am currently working on:
My Cancer Love Girls:


These are postcards created from original works. It is my dream to have all of us tell each other on a daily basis how much we love one another, why someone is important to you, what that person does to make this world a better place and so much more. With Project Sending Love it makes that easy to do with fun postcards.







I hope you have enjoyed this little journey into who I am and why I do this. Please visit me at my blog:
http://embracinglifeloveart.com/
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/EmbracingLifeLoveArt
Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EmbracingLifeLoveArt
I love custom work, so please feel free to email me at EmbracingLifeLoveArt@gmail.com .



With love,
Renee

1 comment:

  1. What a Beautiful story and what a GIFT!
    Phoenix rising for sure.
    To think such Beauty came from a challenging time in her Life.
    Wishing RENEE all the BEST and am sure the Art will continue to be Shared! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share