Sunday, November 4, 2012

A helping hand


 

What a week it's been here at the Tippy Stockton Studios.  I had planned to debut my Holiday line on the site this week, but with the Hurricane slamming into the East Coast, I had more important things on my mind.  I needed to know that my family was okay.  When my Mom and Dad moved out of New York in 1969, we left behind every living relative on the East Coast.  We have family in almost all of the eastern states including New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Conneticut, and New Hampshire.  So when the storm came ashore, I held my breath that everyone would be okay.  Thankfully, everyone is fine physically, but the affects of the storm will linger for many weeks, months and perhaps years ahead. 

So WHAT CAN I DO . . . as a small business owner, I've decided that I want to give back.  With Thanksgiving just weeks away, what better way to be thankful for what I have by giving to those less fortunate than me.  For those who lost a beloved family member, for those whose home is destroyed, and for those without basic utilities . . . sending $$ will bring some solace to those suffering.  Why the RED CROSS???  Well, in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, the American Red Cross rushed into provide help and assistance to those whose family members were taken that day, including mine.  The Red Cross contacted me to see if I needed assistance to travel back to NYC to be with my family at the funeral for my cousin.  While I personally didn't need assistance, they were there for countless others who did. 

So, for month of NOVEMBER, $20 for the sale of EVERY Home Necklace will be donated to the Red Cross.  It's the least I can do.  I have many states available including the following: 

Illinois: (5)
Indiana: (1)
Oregon: (2)
Iowa: (2)
Ohio: (12)
Georgia: (1)
New Hampshire: (4)
Wisconsin: (1)
California: (5)

Texas: (4)
Michigan: (3)
Maryland: (10)
New York: (2)
New York Worlds Fair: (2)
Washington: (1)
North Carolina: (2)
Pennsylvania: (2)
 
I'm always on the hunt for other states too, so check with me via e-mail @ tippystockton@aol.com and I'll let you know if I have your State. 


With help from the government and the will and heart of people on the East Coast, those shores and beaches will be restored.  Having just visited in September, the beaches on the East Coast are some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever visited. 

Thank you for your help!  God Bless America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share