Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tippy Stockton has arrived at Today's Country Store in Sumner, WA

Quite a few years ago, I made my way to a small town south of Seattle, called Sumner. This quaint, Americana inspired, whistle-stop town reminded me so much of the little town that I grew up in. Main St. in Sumner is like a picture out of the 50's - old architecture, brightly colored awnings, and Mom and Pop shops dotting each side of the street. So, a few times a year, several friends and I made our journey (about 100 miles round trip) to Sumner for great finds for our homes and garden. One shop that always completely inspired me was "Today's Country Store". Let me just tell you a little about myself. I love, love, love all things old and vintage, but unfortunately, I absolutely despise having to dig for it. WEIRD, huh!!! What I love about "TCS" is that everything in the shop is display eye-candy! It's all the things that you see at yard sales, tag sales and estate sales all pulled together to tell a rich story. Just how I love it. I can honestly say that I have never left "TCS" without something special. So I got to thinking that perhaps my "Vintage" jewels would be a good fit for the shop. I scheduled a meeting with Amy and Kris, the lovely shopkeepers and let's just say, the rest is history. I delivered my first supply of Tippy Stockton Jewelry last week. If you are in the area (honestly it's worth the trip to Sumner), stop in and say hello to Amy and Kris and take a peek at my sweet display. Thank you girls for allowing me to be part of such a special place!!!


The shop is filled with everything from birdcages, to McCoy pottery, old vintage suitcases, picket fence pieces . . . I could go on and on. The girls are getting ready to take the shop on the road when they cross the pass over to Spokane for Farm Chicks June 6-7. Please see the tab at the right for more information. This is sure to be one fantastic weekend. If you want to check out the "TCS" blog, go to: http://todayscountrystore.typepad.com


2 comments:

  1. OMG! Patricia what a wonderful post! Thank you so much for all your kind comments and beautiful photos! The store has become more than a business it has enabled us to have the privelege to meet so many special people like you through out the years! We are thrilled to have you and welcome you to Today's Country Store Family!
    Xoxo
    Amy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Amy. Being a part of Today's Country Store Family just brightened a very sad week for me. Thank you both so much! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share