Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wedded Bliss

Who doesn't love a Wedding? This seems to be the Summer of Weddings for me here at Tippy Stockton. A sweet young lady who I met several years ago approached me in the Spring to design some pieces that she could wear for her Wedding Day, as well as create some lovely pieces for her Bridesmaids. Now this was a project I could sink my teeth into. Not having any daughters myself, I felt like this was an opportunity for me to dream. I have to say, this was one of the most fun projects that I have worked on in a long time. Abby's necklace was, I have to say SPECTACULAR!!! I had a lovely old brooch tucked away in my stash of goodies, and I knew this would make the perfect necklace for my sweet and petite girl.

(fresh water pearls are wirewrapped on sterling silver and attached to this lovely Vintage brooch)
For the Bridesamaids, Abby wanted something a little chunky, kind of a statement piece. She also wanted something that they could wear long after the Wedding. With a little help from an ETSY friend, we decided on these gorgeous Vintage cabachons; two sizes separated by Swarovksi crystal rounds. All wirewrapped together with oxidized sterling silver. The earrings are Vintage as well - the teardrop shaped beads are amazing and are complemented with Swarovski beads and a length of chain.




Abby has picked a gorgeous shade of Aubergine - leaning a little more towards a Raisin color. So pretty and so popular this season.

I was also asked to make a companion bracelet for a fresh water pearl bracelet that Abby had received from her Dad. I kept it simple by adding a few fresh water pearls, Swarovski crystals, and a lovely Swarovski rhinestone bead. All attached to a delicate sterling silver chain.


The flower girls will each receive this precious little piece; fashioned to resemble the bracelet that Abby is wearing, this one comes complete with a sterling silver flower basket charm. Darling!

I came home last night to find these beauties in my in-box. My jewelry is sold in a little shop in Kirkland, WA called Haley's Cottage. On a recent trip into the shop, a lovely young lady purchased the earrings above to go with her ensemble. Can you say gorgeous???

Here's Michelle looking so pretty wearing my Juliet Earrings.

And they lived happily ever after.


Who says work isn't fun. I get to do this every day! I am blessed and I love seeing the after part. I'm finishing up another wedding order as we speak. So check back soon when I will show you Abby's Wedding - September 4, 2010, and Cathy and Zach's Wedding - September 4, 2010. Congratulations Abby, Cathy and Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share