Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dreams really do come true . . .

Ever since I returned from the Mary Engelbreit Workshop, I had dreamed about my next "EVENT". What would it be??? I then was introduced to a lovely woman named Jo when I was a vendor at Farm Chicks in Spokane this past June. That's right, Jo Packham of "Where Women Create". She is the editor of this amazing quarterly magazine (well it's really a book). I had been an admirer for a very long time. In fact, I still have the original "Where Women Create" book nestled in with my other treasures in my Studio.

So as the Summer wound down, I knew that there was going to be a workshop in Minneapolis, MN that was being put on by Jo Packham and Nancy Soriano (of Country Living fame). I needed, wanted, dreamed, hoped to go, but the economy has taken a pinch out of my sales on ETSY. I was not going to MN. But then, a turn of events. My sweet, amazing and so supportive husband came up with the $$ I needed to make it happen, stating, "you should go - I just feel good that it's the right time in your business for you to meet and mingle with people like you". Holy Cow, HONEY! So I quickly made reservations, and voila . . . Minneapolis, here I come. I can't wait to play reporter and get back to you with all of the details.

The amazing artist above is Leigh Standley of Curly Girl Designs. I actually met her, took a class with her at the ME Workshop. She is talented beyond belief. I can't wait to see her again!


2 comments:

  1. Tippy,
    Thank you so much for your kind and gracious post - you will never know how much it means to read such nice words when the days are long and the doubt about what you have taken on starts to creep in.
    Please come up and introduce yourself at TCC. I would love to meet you and give you a hug to take back to your husband. Does he have a brother?!
    See you soon!
    Much love
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for visiting me! i'm now a follower of yours. it sounds like an amazing opportunity awits you. good luck in MN. i'll be waiting to hear all the details.
    blessings
    marie

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share